Dr. Deepak’s worldwide Professional experience in several spheres of Information Technology is over 30 years. Here are some landmarks:
Dr. Deepak started his career with the Tata group where he was selected from Walchand College of Engineering from Campus placement..
- Dr. Deepak started his career as a Programmer Analyst, in Telco (Tata Motors) and worked on 3 GL as well as 4 GL technologies right from Cobol, DMS 2 Network Database to C and Oracle environment for the first 3 years.
- He was involved in the area of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE Tools) for a long time. He was instrumental in the success of several CASE Tools such as Turbo Analyst, Object Analyst, Relational Designer and Flamingo Wise, for the next 8 years. These tools installed a base of over 4000 clients worldwide. Dr Deepak Shikarpur travelled across the globe to popularise and hence was nick named as “Turbo Analyst Man”
- He has presented several papers in CSI annual conventions, World Software Conference, Hannover Fair etc. One of his paper presentations was attended by Late Dewang Mehta in Rochester, USA. He was so impressed that he persuaded Dr Deepak to start his Talk shows and Public lectures as a hobby.
- He has managed Alliance Management and Relationship engagements with SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, and Sun Microsystems in the Tata Group.
- He was assisting CEO to set up Tata Technologies and had a cross functional experience during start up stage.
- During his successful career stint, he was recognized with several awards and citations for his contributions in the Tata group. He was fortunate to interact with the celebrities like of Mr Ratan Tata, Mr J E Talaulicar, Mr Patric McGlodrick, and Dr F C Kohli. Mr S D Pradhan, CEO was his mentor, guru and guide in this career stage.
- Dr. Deepak steered in winning End to End IT Outsourcing orders involving POS Systems, Merchandise Management, Data Warehousing, SCM, Customer Contact Centers etc. He was also instrumental in winning contracts from Sommerfield, Marks and Spencer’s etc. in the Retail space. He specialized in Pre Sales and Order closing efforts for winning large global contracts for Zensar Technologies.
- He was responsible for creating value proposition documents, approach papers and pre sales engagements for Honeywell, General Motors, CISCO (Manufacturing group) all in USA, Ingersoll Rand Hongkong, Dong Fu Motors China etc.
After successful experiences with Tata and RPG groups, Dr Deepak was elected as National Executive Director of Computer Society of India for a 3 year period (2002-05).
In 2005, he was inducted as a Board member of Dimensions group, a global entity with business interests in Shipping, Logistics, IT, Animation etc. He was appointed as CEO of Dimensions Engineering Services. He headed the group for a couple of years. It was then acquired by Autoline Industries Ltd. Dr. Deepak is still a Board member of renamed Autoline Design Software Ltd.
Dr. Deepak’s professional activities cover many spheres ranging from IT to Education.
- Director of companies namely Autoline Design Software, Seed Infotech
- Member Global Advisory Board Saama technologies USA and Ncord Healthcare
SEED Management Profile